News Release - 2016
Date: 11 July 2016
Eaton Helps IT and Data Center Professionals Simplify Management and Improve Control with Expanded ePDU G3 Portfolio
RALEIGH, N.C. … Power management company Eaton today announced that it has completed its ePDU® third-generation (G3) portfolio with the introduction of new 1U and 2U form factor options for existing Metered Input and Managed technologies, helping information technology (IT) and data center professionals save money, save time and reduce risk. Eaton ePDU G3 rack mounted power distribution units (PDUs) provide best-in-class power distribution to IT equipment within a rack, enabling data center and IT managers to simplify installation, enhance operation and improve control over their environments.
“In an era of increasing hyperconvergence, data center managers and IT professionals continue to seek power distribution solutions that simplify their need to manage complex IT resources,” said Jessica Biggerstaff, ePDU product manager, Eaton Distributed Power Solutions. “These professionals can now leverage our complete ePDU G3 portfolio to conserve valuable time while reducing operational costs and improving control over their critical infrastructure.”
The tiered ePDU G3 portfolio of PDUs is available in multiple form factors, with capabilities ranging from basic power distribution to advanced power management and precision control.
- Simplify installation: Flexible installation options ease the box-to-rack experience and allow for a quick and simple setup. The addition of 1U and 2U form factor options for existing Metered Input and Managed G3 technologies gives operators greater freedom in choosing a PDU that suits their unique environment.
- Enhance operation: User-friendly features enable IT operators to maintain continuous uptime and gain operational stability. Advanced monitoring options also help reduce costs and improve performance.
- Maximize control: Advanced power management capabilities allow operators to take control of their IT environment to save time, save money and reduce risk. Enhanced management capabilities also give operators peace of mind and the freedom to focus on other revenue-impacting tasks.
With a variety of capabilities to fulfill IT requirements, Eaton’s Basic, Metered Input, Metered Outlet and Managed ePDU G3 models are designed to provide best-in-class power distribution in applications ranging from small/medium businesses to enterprise data centers.
All ePDU G3 models help operators increase security, streamline operations and increase uptime.
To gain greater insight into power usage, operators can meter power at the outlet level with one percent revenue-grade power monitoring for enhanced accuracy and efficiency. They can also daisy chain up to eight ePDU G3 models to share one network port and IP address, saving money. All Eaton ePDU G3 models feature a patent-pending International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) outlet grip, created to eliminate risks associated with the common and often costly problem of plugs falling out of outlets due to bumps or vibrations.
The ePDU G3 is designed to work seamlessly with Eaton’s industry-leading products and accessories, including the recently launched RS Enclosure, 9PX uninterruptible power system (UPS) and Intelligent Power Manager software. Together these products comprise a complete solution to help operators organize, protect and manage their critical IT resources.
Eaton’s electrical business is a global leader with expertise in power distribution and circuit protection; backup power protection; control and automation; lighting and security; structural solutions and wiring devices; solutions for harsh and hazardous environments; and engineering services. Eaton is positioned through its global solutions to answer today’s most critical electrical power management challenges.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
- PC, Workstation & Home AV UPS
- Eaton Aurora (600-1000VA)
- Eaton 5EL (1000-2000VA)
- Eaton 5E (500-2000VA)
- Eaton 5S (550 - 850VA)
- Network & Server
- Eaton 5130 (1250-3000 VA)
- Eaton 9E-IN (1-3 kVA)
- Eaton 9130 (700-6000 VA)
- Eaton 9E-IN (6-10 kW)
- EATON DX-RT (06 -10 kW)
- Eaton 9130 RM (1000-3000 VA)
- Eaton 9145 (1-20 kVA)
- Eaton 9PX (1-3 kVA)
- Eaton 9PX (5-11 kVA)
- Eaton 9155 (8-30 KVA)
- Data Center & Facility UPS
- BladeUPS (12-60 kW)
- Eaton 93E (15-500 kVA)
- Eaton 93PM (30-200 kW)
- Eaton 93PR (25-200 kW)
- Power Xpert 9395P (250-1200 kVA)
- Power Xpert 9395 (225-1100 kVA)
- Eaton Micro Data Center
- Marine & Offshore UPS
- Eaton 9130 Marine (1000-3000 VA)
- Eaton 9155 Marine (8-30 kVA)
- Eaton 9355 Marine (8-40 kVA)
- Power Xpert 9395 Marine (225-1100 kVA)
- DC Power