News Release - 2016
Date: 18 July 2016
Eaton Unveils 9PX UPS in 2-3 kVA Models, Delivering Flexible Power Protection in a Variety of Edge Network and IT Environments
RALEIGH, N.C. … Power management company Eaton today announced the launch of the Eaton 9PX™ uninterruptible power system (UPS) available in 2 to 3 kilovolt-ampere (kVA) units. The 9PX 2-3 kVA UPS line delivers new automation options designed to help information technology (IT) managers remotely manage and protect critical infrastructure while saving time and money.
“Reliability and energy efficiency are industry standards for today’s UPSs. The true differentiation lies in preserving valuable time and resources for IT professionals,” said David Windsor, product manager, Eaton. “Not only do our new 9PX models provide industry leading efficiency, but they’re also designed to integrate into a wide variety of applications, from IT to industrial. They work seamlessly with leading virtualization technologies as part of a complete strategy to organize, protect and manage critical IT assets.”
Among other benefits, the 9PX offers:
- Fast, flexible deployment: For those managing IT, edge networks, industrial automation, healthcare, K-12 and similar applications, speed of deployment and ease of use are now critical to maximizing IT investments. A graphical LCD menu, rack/tower form factor, and variety of model types make the 9PX adaptable to nearly any environment.
- Seamless integration: Remote monitoring and management capabilities are increasingly important as many operators move off-site and work within virtualized environments. Eaton focuses on virtual machine-centric management, disaster recovery and validated integration capabilities to help IT managers improve their infrastructure performance. The 9PX pairs with Eaton’s Intelligent Power Manager™ software, providing the tools required for advanced management within physical and virtual environments. The software increases system uptime and data integrity by allowing IT professionals to remotely monitor, manage and control power devices.
- Intuitive remote management: By adding a communication card, 9PX users can monitor and control power usage in real-time. A Network Management Card (NMC) allows users to reboot protected devices over SNMP/web, initiate live migration of virtual machines, remotely notify and send email/SMS notifications and alarms, and record data for historic trending and analysis. An NMC can also integrate with industry-leading virtualization platforms and perform customizable actions, such as automatic shutdown in the event of an extended power failure. IT professionals in industrial environments can remotely shut down the 9PX and restart it automatically with a new remote on/off (ROO) port.
Furthermore, Eaton’s PredictPulse remote monitoring and management service offering monitors and analyzes UPS infrastructure to enable better decision making. When an issue arises, Eaton calls the customer to begin the resolution process.
With double-conversion topology for constant power conditioning and up to 93 percent efficiency, the ENERGY STAR®-qualified 9PX provides superior protection while reducing energy and cooling costs. It is built for scalable deployment and features a graphical LCD interface that enables local access to configurations and settings, history and diagnostics, energy consumption and load segment control. Additionally, the 2 and 3 kVA 9PX models include Eaton’s three-stage ABM® charging and monitoring technology to keep batteries cool and extend their lifetime by up to 50 percent. The ABM cycle tests batteries proactively, giving advanced audible and remote alerts of risks to battery health.
To learn more about how the Eaton 9PX UPS helps IT managers protect critical infrastructure, visit www.eaton.com/9PX. For more information about Eaton’s virtualization integration capabilities, visit www.eaton.com/intelligentpower. To learn more about Eaton’s power quality products and services that help organize, protect and manage IT environments, visit www.eaton.com/powerquality.
Eaton’s electrical business is a global leader with expertise in power distribution and circuit protection; backup power protection; control and automation; lighting and security; structural solutions and wiring devices; solutions for harsh and hazardous environments; and engineering services. Eaton is positioned through its global solutions to answer today’s most critical electrical power management challenges.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
- PC, Workstation & Home AV UPS
- Eaton Aurora (600-1000VA)
- Eaton 5EL (1000-2000VA)
- Eaton 5E (500-2000VA)
- Eaton 5S (550 - 850VA)
- Network & Server
- Eaton 5130 (1250-3000 VA)
- Eaton 9E-IN (1-3 kVA)
- Eaton 9130 (700-6000 VA)
- Eaton 9E-IN (6-10 kW)
- EATON DX-RT (06 -10 kW)
- Eaton 9130 RM (1000-3000 VA)
- Eaton 9145 (1-20 kVA)
- Eaton 9PX (1-3 kVA)
- Eaton 9PX (5-11 kVA)
- Eaton 9155 (8-30 KVA)
- Data Center & Facility UPS
- BladeUPS (12-60 kW)
- Eaton 93E (15-500 kVA)
- Eaton 93PM (30-200 kW)
- Eaton 93PR (25-200 kW)
- Power Xpert 9395P (250-1200 kVA)
- Power Xpert 9395 (225-1100 kVA)
- Eaton Micro Data Center
- Marine & Offshore UPS
- Eaton 9130 Marine (1000-3000 VA)
- Eaton 9155 Marine (8-30 kVA)
- Eaton 9355 Marine (8-40 kVA)
- Power Xpert 9395 Marine (225-1100 kVA)
- DC Power