News Release - 2016
Date: 28 June 2016
Eaton Simplifies Organization, Protection and Management of Critical Data Center Infrastructure with New RS Enclosure
RALEIGH, N.C. … Power management company Eaton today announced the launch of its new RS Enclosure, designed to simplify installation and configuration of vital data center equipment and help data center operators and information technology (IT) professionals organize, protect and manage critical IT resources. Through its flexible design and customizable mounting options for a broad array of devices, the RS Enclosure streamlines installation time and helps reduce costs while serving as the foundation of a complete data center infrastructure solution.
“Today’s increasingly complex and highly competitive IT environment has made it necessary for data center operators to create efficiencies,” said Curtiz Gangi, vice president of sales, midmarket and U.S. channels, data center, Eaton. “At Eaton we’re committed to providing the highest quality solutions like the RS Enclosure that help data center operators to organize, protect and manage the IT investments that drive their businesses.”
As more companies shift mission-critical IT systems to virtualized infrastructures, data center professionals face increasing pressure to consolidate resources and lower costs. Eaton’s RS Enclosure meets these challenges by providing flexible configurations across a wide range of environments, from small IT closets to multi-tenant data centers (MTDCs). Specific benefits of the RS Enclosure include:
- Organize: Tool-less mounting options for multiple Eaton power management devices, cable management solutions and additional IT equipment make it fast and easy for managers to add new equipment or upgrade existing equipment.
- Protect: Enhanced physical security via a highly secure combination lock helps protect valuable IT resources from both internal and external threats.
- Manage: Improved cable management using Eaton’s B-Line series Flextray™ cable management increases available enclosure space while improving airflow to lessen the risk of overheating, an increasing concern for industries such as government and healthcare that house sensitive data. In addition, the RS enclosure provides highly efficient airflow management options, making it suitable for hot aisle/cold aisle requirements.
“Simplicity is critical.” said Gangi. “RS pre-configured and configure-to-order solutions provide customers flexibility, performance, and ease of use.”
Eaton offers custom RS Enclosure solutions configured for multiple applications, making it easy for channel partners and end users to choose the solution that best fits their needs. These include solutions for server, networking and co-location installations that feature the RS Enclosure configured to support Eaton’s industry-leading power management products and accessories. These include Eaton’s ePDU® third-generation (G3) platform, ENERGY STAR® qualified 9PX UPS and Intelligent Power Manager™ software.
From electronic enclosures to rack and runway and power management solutions to Flextray™ and KwikSplice™ cable management, Eaton offers one of the largest breadths of data center solutions in the market today.
Eaton’s electrical business is a global leader with expertise in power distribution and circuit protection; backup power protection; control and automation; lighting and security; structural solutions and wiring devices; solutions for harsh and hazardous environments; and engineering services. Eaton is positioned through its global solutions to answer today’s most critical electrical power management challenges.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
- PC, Workstation & Home AV UPS
- Eaton Aurora (600-1000VA)
- Eaton 5EL (1000-2000VA)
- Eaton 5E (500-2000VA)
- Eaton 5S (550 - 850VA)
- Network & Server
- Eaton 5130 (1250-3000 VA)
- Eaton 9E-IN (1-3 kVA)
- Eaton 9130 (700-6000 VA)
- Eaton 9E-IN (6-10 kW)
- EATON DX-RT (06 -10 kW)
- Eaton 9130 RM (1000-3000 VA)
- Eaton 9145 (1-20 kVA)
- Eaton 9PX (1-3 kVA)
- Eaton 9PX (5-11 kVA)
- Eaton 9155 (8-30 KVA)
- Data Center & Facility UPS
- BladeUPS (12-60 kW)
- Eaton 93E (15-500 kVA)
- Eaton 93PM (30-200 kW)
- Eaton 93PR (25-200 kW)
- Power Xpert 9395P (250-1200 kVA)
- Power Xpert 9395 (225-1100 kVA)
- Eaton Micro Data Center
- Marine & Offshore UPS
- Eaton 9130 Marine (1000-3000 VA)
- Eaton 9155 Marine (8-30 kVA)
- Eaton 9355 Marine (8-40 kVA)
- Power Xpert 9395 Marine (225-1100 kVA)
- DC Power