News Release - 2016
Date: 29 November 2016
Eaton’s Visual Power Manager Software Simplifies Rack PDU Monitoring
RALEIGH, N.C. … Power management company Eaton today announced the launch of its new Visual Power Manager software. The robust platform provides data center and information technology (IT) professionals with the tools to monitor and manage rack power distribution units (PDUs) in their infrastructure. Built using innovative technology from Optimum Path Systems, Visual Power Manager is easy to deploy, simplifies day-to-day monitoring of rack power distribution and helps maintain business continuity in data centers of all sizes and types.
“From multi-tenant or co-located facilities to enterprise data centers and remote data closets, operators all need easy-to-use tools to simplify tasks like power management,” said Hervé Tardy, vice president and general manager, Distributed Power Quality Division, Eaton. “The business value of our Visual Power Manager software is to streamline large deployments of rack PDUs and their monitoring so these professionals can focus on strategic initiatives that impact the business’ bottom line.”
Key benefits of Eaton’s Visual Power Manager software include:
- Visual tools for simplified day-to-day monitoring: The software features rack and floor layout building tools, delivering a complete visual display of the data center’s power infrastructure. Operators can use these tools to quickly identify alarms and locate affected equipment, group rows and areas of the data center for customized reporting and effectively deploy new equipment.
- Easy to deploy: User-friendly setup streamlines the deployment process, relieving common pain points with software installation. Additionally, Visual Power Manager can auto-discover Eaton ePDUs and be used to initiate mass firmware and configuration commands, helping save time and resources associated with these critical tasks.
- Improved Business Continuity: Robust capabilities and real-time monitoring help managers keep continuous power supplied to their critical equipment. The Visual Power Manager software helps avoid crashes due to overloading PDUs while instilling system confidence with failover and capacity simulations.
“We are excited that Eaton has chosen to leverage our world class software as the foundation for Visual Power Manager,” said Steven Webel, chief operating officer, Optimum Path Systems. “The combination of our software with Eaton’s expertise in power management will result in a tightly integrated offering that will provide a tangible solution to data center operators’ power monitoring challenges.”
For more information on Optimum Path, visit www.optimumpathinc.com.
To learn more about Eaton’s Visual Power Manager software, visit Eaton.com/VPM. To learn more about Eaton’s full line of products to help data center professionals organize, protect and manage their critical infrastructure, visit Eaton.com/powerquality.
Eaton’s electrical business is a global leader with expertise in power distribution and circuit protection; backup power protection; control and automation; lighting and security; structural solutions and wiring devices; solutions for harsh and hazardous environments; and engineering services. Eaton is positioned through its global solutions to answer today’s most critical electrical power management challenges.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
- PC, Workstation & Home AV UPS
- Eaton Aurora (600-1000VA)
- Eaton 5EL (1000-2000VA)
- Eaton 5E (500-2000VA)
- Eaton 5S (550 - 850VA)
- Network & Server
- Eaton 5130 (1250-3000 VA)
- Eaton 9E-IN (1-3 kVA)
- Eaton 9130 (700-6000 VA)
- Eaton 9E-IN (6-10 kW)
- EATON DX-RT (06 -10 kW)
- Eaton 9130 RM (1000-3000 VA)
- Eaton 9145 (1-20 kVA)
- Eaton 9PX (1-3 kVA)
- Eaton 9PX (5-11 kVA)
- Eaton 9155 (8-30 KVA)
- Data Center & Facility UPS
- BladeUPS (12-60 kW)
- Eaton 93E (15-500 kVA)
- Eaton 93PM (30-200 kW)
- Eaton 93PR (25-200 kW)
- Power Xpert 9395P (250-1200 kVA)
- Power Xpert 9395 (225-1100 kVA)
- Eaton Micro Data Center
- Marine & Offshore UPS
- Eaton 9130 Marine (1000-3000 VA)
- Eaton 9155 Marine (8-30 kVA)
- Eaton 9355 Marine (8-40 kVA)
- Power Xpert 9395 Marine (225-1100 kVA)
- DC Power