News Release - 2017
Date: 2 November 2017
Eaton’s Visual Capacity Optimization Manager Software Improves Reliability, Reduces Risk and Lowers Infrastructure CostsRALEIGH, N.C… Power management company Eaton today announced the launch of Visual Capacity Optimization Manager (VCOM), a new data center software platform that provides critical information for data center and IT managers to make better capacity optimization and risk mitigation decisions. The VCOM platform gives operators at managed service providers (MSPs), enterprise data centers, colocation facilities and small to medium-sized businesses the capability to reduce operational expenses, improve system and application reliability and mitigate risk through data analysis.
“As data centers become more complex and add new equipment, operators experience significant challenges in the form of inefficiencies related to power, cooling and space, inefficiencies that can multiply quickly and slow operations to a crawl,” said Hervé Tardy, vice president and general manager, Distributed Power Quality Division, Eaton. “With our new VCOM platform, we’re giving operators a powerful tool to manage their infrastructure from the application to the utility pole, lowering the total cost of ownership for critical infrastructure.”
The centralized VCOM platform gives operators a holistic view of their facilities to quickly make decisions related to power, cooling and space. With the software, users gain the ability to not only easily track usage, utilization, capacity limits and more, but also to react quickly to address concerns with the infrastructure.Key features of Eaton’s VCOM software platform include:
- Visualization: View 3D renderings and identify problem areas at all levels of the data center as well as across the enterprise (power, space, environment, IT networking and virtualization)
- Asset management: Centralize a device data repository and utilize limitless attribute tracking to ease management of distributed locations while leveraging seamless integrations with third-party asset tracking systems like RF Code
- Custom reporting and dashboards: Examine multilevel reports, role-based dashboards, KPI tracking, trending and predictive analytics
- Integrated rack building tool: Build each rack using a repository of more than 22,000 devices to deliver an accurate visual display of the data center
- Capacity planning: Utilize “What if?” scenarios to understand current usage and ensure capacity is available for upcoming projects
- Environmental monitoring: Create real-time thermal imaging profiles of the environment using temperature, humidity, leak detection, door closure, air pressure data, security cameras and security systems.
- Physical and virtual machine (VM) monitoring: View connections, dependencies and applications from an array of IT assets including physical servers, VM hosts, VM guests, switches and rack PDUs
- Change/workflow management: Reduce time to deployment and increase accuracy of implementation with fully integrated and native capability to generate projects, tasks and work orders or seamlessly integrate into third-party workflow systems.
- Multitenancy: Support more than one customer or user type by presenting separate and distinct data that pertains solely to each tenant
The new VCOM software platform joins Eaton’s Intelligent Power Manager™ and Visual Power Manager in Eaton’s growing portfolio of software solutions to help companies lower costs, reduce risk and protect their data center infrastructure investments.
Eaton’s electrical business is a global leader with expertise in power distribution and circuit protection; backup power protection; control and automation; lighting and security; structural solutions and wiring devices; solutions for harsh and hazardous environments; and engineering services. Eaton is positioned through its global solutions to answer today’s most critical electrical power management challenges.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 96,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
- PC, Workstation & Home AV UPS
- Eaton Aurora (600-1000VA)
- Eaton 5EL (1000-2000VA)
- Eaton 5E (500-2000VA)
- Eaton 5S (550 - 850VA)
- Network & Server
- Eaton 5130 (1250-3000 VA)
- Eaton 5PX (1500-3000 VA)
- Eaton 9130 (700-6000 VA)
- Eaton 9130 RM (1000-3000 VA)
- Eaton EX (700-3000 VA)
- E Series DX (1-20kVA)
- E Series DX-LCD (1-6 kVA)
- Eaton 9145 (1-20 kVA)
- Eaton 9SX (5 kVA)
- Eaton 9PX (5-11 kVA)
- Eaton 9155 (8-30 KVA)
- Data Center & Facility UPS
- BladeUPS (12-60 kW)
- Eaton 93E (15-400 kVA)
- Eaton 93PM (30-200 kW)
- Eaton 93PR (25-200 kW)
- Power Xpert 9395P (250-1200 kVA)
- Power Xpert 9395 (225-1100 kVA)
- Marine & Offshore UPS
- Eaton 9130 Marine (1000-3000 VA)
- Eaton 9155 Marine (8-30 kVA)
- Eaton 9355 Marine (8-40 kVA)
- Power Xpert 9395 Marine (225-1100 kVA)
- DC Power