News Release - 2017
Date: 9 January 2017
Eaton Provides Power Protection and Scalability for Scale Computing Hyperconverged Solutions
RALEIGH, N.C. … Power management company Eaton today announced that it is collaborating with Scale Computing, the market leader in hyperconverged storage, server and virtualization for midsized companies. As part of the collaboration, Eaton and Scale Computing will provide data center and information technology (IT) professionals with power management solutions that scale along with Scale Computing’s HC3® environment, to meet their growth and expansion needs.
“As more midsized companies shift mission-critical IT resources to virtual infrastructures, IT professionals face increasing pressure to create efficiencies while ensuring business continuity,” said Jeff Ready, CEO and co-founder of Scale Computing. “With Eaton’s products now powering our industry-leading solutions, these organizations can capitalize on the hyperconvergence trend while protecting their investments for the long term.”
Scale Computing’s HC3 virtualization platform is a complete “data center in a box,” offering organizations server, storage and virtualization integrated into a single appliance. Using industry-standard components, the HC3 platform delivers a data center solution that reduces operational complexity, allows a faster response to business issues and dramatically reduces costs.
Eaton provides scalable and redundant power management supplies to Scale Computing HC3 appliances in up to 8-node clusters. These include:
- Uninterruptible power supply (UPS): Eaton’s ENERGY STAR-qualified 5PX (HC1000 family systems) and 9PX (HC2000 and HC4000 families) UPS solutions with extended battery modules provide reliable, versatile and efficient backup power for Scale Computing solutions.
- Rack and cable management: Eaton’s enclosure configuration features customizable and tool-less mounting options to secure critical IT equipment. Additionally, Eaton’s cable management solutions increase airflow and rack organization.
- Rack Power Distribution Unit (PDU): Eaton’s ePDU G3 Metered Input features a highly accurate view of power usage in its environment, delivered with an advanced LCD pixel display, a hot-swap meter and the ability to operate at high temperatures.
“Customers transitioning to a hyperconverged infrastructure look for simplicity and scalability in identifying the right technology to meet their needs,” said Hervé Tardy, vice president and general manager, Distributed Power Quality Division, Eaton. “The combination of Scale Computing’s HC3 appliances with Eaton’s solutions will deliver business value for midsized businesses by helping them quickly and easily adopt hyperconverged technology with a complete power management solution to organize, protect and manage their investments.”
To learn more about Eaton’s collaboration with Scale Computing, visit powerquality.eaton.com/About-Us/Alliances/Scale-Computing/. To learn more about Scale Computing’s innovative HC3 platform, visit www.scalecomputing.com. To learn about Eaton’s full line of products to help data center professionals organize, protect and manage their critical infrastructure, visit Eaton.com/powerquality.
Eaton’s electrical business is a global leader with expertise in power distribution and circuit protection; backup power protection; control and automation; lighting and security; structural solutions and wiring devices; solutions for harsh and hazardous environments; and engineering services. Eaton is positioned through its global solutions to answer today’s most critical electrical power management challenges.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
- PC, Workstation & Home AV UPS
- Eaton Aurora (600-1000VA)
- Eaton 5EL (1000-2000VA)
- Eaton 5E (500-2000VA)
- Eaton 5S (550 - 850VA)
- Network & Server
- Eaton 5130 (1250-3000 VA)
- Eaton 5PX (1500-3000 VA)
- Eaton 9130 (700-6000 VA)
- Eaton 9130 RM (1000-3000 VA)
- Eaton EX (700-3000 VA)
- E Series DX (1-20kVA)
- E Series DX-LCD (1-6 kVA)
- Eaton 9145 (1-20 kVA)
- Eaton 9SX (5 kVA)
- Eaton 9PX (5-11 kVA)
- Eaton 9155 (8-30 KVA)
- Data Center & Facility UPS
- BladeUPS (12-60 kW)
- Eaton 93E (15-500 kVA)
- Eaton 93PM (30-200 kW)
- Eaton 93PR (25-200 kW)
- Power Xpert 9395P (250-1200 kVA)
- Power Xpert 9395 (225-1100 kVA)
- Eaton Micro Data Center
- Marine & Offshore UPS
- Eaton 9130 Marine (1000-3000 VA)
- Eaton 9155 Marine (8-30 kVA)
- Eaton 9355 Marine (8-40 kVA)
- Power Xpert 9395 Marine (225-1100 kVA)
- DC Power